Last Updated: 01st June 2020
This document defines the scope of privacy and degree of confidentiality protecting the information which the User inputs during account registration at the app/ website and normal use of the services, programs and facilities of https://www.ansaindia.in and/or https://adept.ansaindia.in/ (hereinafter ‘Website/Application’). At any time the User can, at his/her discretion, allow or forbid the collection and use of his/her personal information. Our legal basis for the collection of user data is that the same is necessary for the performance/delivery of the service to which you have subscribed to and in order for us to take steps/actions as requested by you.
By using this Website/Application, the User provides his/her consent to the Company to collect, use and disclose the User’s personal information according to the rules and provisions of this agreement.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Company requires Users who register to use its services (hereinafter “Services”) offered on the Website/Application to give contact information, their name, date of birth, company name, address, phone number, email address, qualification and billing information (if required), such as billing name and address. The Company may also obtain personal information when Users login using third-party credentials. At the time Users express interest in obtaining additional information or when Users register for the service, Company may also ask for additional personal information such as alternate contact numbers, age, etc. Users can update their personal information at any time by logging into the Website/Application and editing their Personal Information within setup. Users can view their updated profile to confirm their edits have been made.
2. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION:
a. The Company also collects non-personal information from Users, such as Users’ device, internet connection, geolocation, browser type, the URL of the previous Website/Applications User visited, User ISP, operating system, User Internet protocol (IP) Address, etc. (“Non-Personal Information”). Non-Personal Information cannot be easily used to personally identify the User.
c. In general, User can visit the Website/Application without telling Company who the User is or revealing any information about User. However, Company’s web servers automatically collect the domain names/IP Address of visitors. This information is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website/Application and similar information, which is used to measure Company’s services, evaluate performance and improve Company’s content/services.
d. Most of the cookies we use are so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted by your browser after the end of your visit to our website. Session cookies provide us with information about visitor behavior on our website, which we analyze. With the knowledge gained, we will make our website more user-friendly, place important content on the most popular pages and develop our marketing strategies according to the interests of our target audience. Other cookies are stored longer on your device and allow us to recognize you as a user during a subsequent visit to our website. We do not pass on information that we receive through our cookies to third parties. By using the “Incognito” or “Private” mode of your browser, or by means of adjusting the settings in your browser, you can prevent the installation of cookies. As a result, some of the facilitation of operating our website will no longer work.
3. USE OF USER’S INFORMATION: The Company uses the information that it collects to set up services including but not limited to informing User’s about class schedules of Association of Chattered Certified Accounts or other courses enrolled by the User, to send special promotions and offers and updates. Users’ email addresses and any personal customer information will not be distributed or shared with third-parties except to the extent necessary to provide the User with a requested service, or under circumstances required by law. The Company will disclose User’s personal information when Company believes in good faith that any applicable law, regulation, or legal process requires it, or where the Company believes disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce its rights or the rights of another user. Company also discloses aggregated User statistics in order to describe Company’s Website/Application/services and reach to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third-parties. However, aggregate data is not traceable to the User specifically. The Company may use contractors to help the Company with the Company’s operations. Some or all of these contractors may access Company databases of user information. These contractors will enter into an agreement with the Company that places restrictive provisions on their use and disclosure of all information they obtain through the relationship. The Company may share personal information with global partners for the purpose of providing Users with high quality, localized and customized services. The Company may use Non-Personal Information to track the use of the Website/Application/services and for other internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Services and the Website/Application. Users may, if they wish for any reason, delete their Personal Information or their Profiles. Upon User deleting their personal information or profiles the Company shall retain only an archival copy of information so deleted, which shall not be accessible on the internet for legal compliance. Company’s use of information would be in compliance with the laws governing the protection of information technology and other applicable laws in force in India.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS: Website/Application contains links to other websites/services/applications/payment gateways and our online payment partner is HDFC Bank. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites/services/applications/payment gateways including but not limited to our online payment partner “HDFC Bank”. Users and visitors must check the policy statement of these others websites/services/applications to understand their policies. Users and visitors who access a linked website/service/application/payment gateways may be disclosing their private information. It is User’s responsibility to keep such information private and confident.
5. OPT-OUT POLICY:
a. Users can opt out of being contacted by the Company, or receiving information as a whole or a part from the Company at any time by selecting the appropriate option provided for in their profiles or at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. If, at any time after registering for information or ordering services, Users change their mind about receiving information from Website/Application, the frequency with which they receive information or about sharing their information with third parties, they may modify their choices in the options provided for the same on their profiles or simply send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It shall take ten (10) days to process your request to opt out request.
b. You have the right to complain about the improper processing of your personal data (such as collection, storage, modification, transfer, deletion, etc.) by emailing us at email@example.com.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: The Company provides the Platform and the services “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available.” The Company makes no express or implied warranties or guarantees about the services. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company disclaims all such warranties, including all statutory warranties, with respect to the services and the Platform, including without limitation any warranties that the services are merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing. The Company does not guarantee that the results that may be obtained from the use of the services will be effective, reliable or accurate or will meet your requirements. We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal and Financial Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, you provide us with your information at your own risk.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: User’s sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with the company is the cancellation of User’s registration. In no event shall the Company’s total cumulative liability to the User for any and all claims relating to or arising out of User’s use of the services or the Platform, regardless of the form of action, exceed the total amount of fees, if any, that you paid to utilize the Platform or the services in the previous twelve (12) months. The Company shall in no event be liable to the User (or to any third party claiming under or through the User) for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages arising from User’s use of, or inability to use, the Platform and/or the services. These exclusions apply to any claims for lost profits, lost data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any other commercial damages or losses, even if the Company knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages, because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
9. PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION: We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
a. We encrypt our services using SSL.
b. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
c. We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
11. RETENTION, DELETION OR BLOCKING OF DATA: We adhere to the principles of purpose limitation and data minimization. Therefore, we only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned here or as long as the many storage periods required by law. After discontinuation of the respective purpose or expiry of these deadlines, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory provisions. Our legal basis for the deletion or blocking of personal data is to safeguards and derogations relating to processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes and to implement data-protection principles, in an effective manner and to integrate the necessary safeguards into the processing in order to meet the requirements of the applicable laws.
12. FORUMS AND INTERACTIVE SERVICES: There may be interactive services within the Website/Application, such as blogs, chat rooms, forums, instant messaging etc., and other service member zones that allow them to input their data, details, materials, comments or other similar communications. Using such Website/Application/services, the User should realize that they are open for wide access and review, and any personal data that he/she published or provided during registration may become viewable by third parties. The Company is not responsible for the security of the User’s information that is passed by the User to third parties or provided during use of such Website/Application/services. Materials that will be placed by the User in such areas of the Website/Application will be stored in systems/devices of Company as per Company’s policy, if otherwise not directly documented in each particular case.
13. MINOR USERS: The Company does not intend to and will not purposely collect, require or request personal information from persons under 18 years of age without permission from parent or legal guardian. If the User is a minor, he/she should not enter his/her personal information or use the services/Website/Application in any way prior to obtaining the consent of the parent or legal guardian.
14. PHISHING: Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to the Platform. Safeguarding information to help protect User from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request User’s credit card information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
16. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: This document shall be governed by, construed and enforced under the laws of India and Courts in Chennai shall have exclusive jurisdiction.